Index of /teaching/dav_20/labs/lab1/
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory 24-Feb-2020 16:10 -
==== The importance of the (big) data =====
Calculate the average protein length and amino acid
content for different data sets:
a) E.coli, Bacillus subtilis, human, yeast,
A. thaliana, D. melanogaster, C. elegans, Mouse,
Zebrafish (D. rerio)
- full UniProt (Swiss-Prot)
- 200 randomly selected Bacteria
- 200 randomly selected Viruses
- 200 randomly selected Archaea
- 200 randomly selected Eukaryota
Make plots comparing average protein length between:
- selected organisms (a)
- all kingdoms (c)
- PDB vs Uniprot
For amino acid content you should calculate also some
error (e.g. standard deviation).
Moreover, check which amino acid is the most frequent
at N-terminus. Can you justify why this one?
1) Finish the plots for avg protein content for UniProt.
2) Find in the internet any plot you wish to show at next
lesson (think how to make it better).
Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at bioinformatics.netmark.pl Port 80